Friday, July 14, 2006

Yo, ho, ho, ho, a Pirate's life for me...

When I was in high school, I bought a watch. Then, I bought a watchband to go with my watch, its came with what is called a "sport compass" built into the band.

No, not one of those things you draw a circle with in geometry, but rather one that supposedly tells you which way is north. I say supposedly because it is ridiculously inaccurate.

When asked about my compass, usually in jest, I would feign wisdom. They would ask "are you lost?" My reply would be that "This doesn't tell me where I am, it tells me where I'm going."

I replaced said watch and watchband several times over the years, each time replacing the watch with an exact duplicate, and the band as well.

Until my last trip to Las Vegas, that is, where the band broke, and I was indeed very lost for a long time. I didn;t know which way to go, or where I was going. A dark time.

A few weeks ago, I found what appears to be virtually the last "sport compass watchband" on the face of the planet. I attatched it to my watch, and put it back on, and felt infinitely better about being me. I had a silly belief that by doing so, I would find my way, that it would lead me to where I am supposed to be.

It didn't appear to work. Was I out of magick? Did I spend it all surviving the beginning of this year?

It would appear so.

Until I saw Pirates of the Caribbean part 2.

Now, I won't be giving any spoilers, nor will I entertain questions from those of you who haven't seen it. I won't even remark on whether or not I thought it was good.

But when you watch it, think of me, and my watch.

For with this ship true,
I will outrun the devil
Just show me the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home